Carry permits for backpacking in bear country

Carry permits for backpacking in bear country

I live in Indiana and have my lifetime permit, but have yet to get a gun to carry. This summer (late September) I am traveling to the north cascade mountains in Washington state. The area is grizzly country, and I want to know how I can get a permit to carry (open or concealed) while backpacking. Anyone know the best way for me to achieve this? I know they have “non-resident” permits, but you have to apply in person, and since it’s across the country, this won’t be possible.

Any ideas? I know michigans resident permit will work, but I’m not sure if I can get non res or if that would even be accepted in Washington state.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Source: USA Carry

Leave a Comment