Presidential Candidates Stand on Gun Control
Make the Right Choice
PROTECTING THE SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS OF AMERICANS
Citizens’ Second Amendment rights make us more safe, secure, and free.
The Second Amendment is not simply about hunting or target practice. It’s about protecting our lives, families, and homes.
When citizens cease to have the right to defend ourselves, we cease to be free. And now, more than ever, as radical Islamic terrorists seek to attack Americans on our own soil, Americans’ right to protect our families and communities is all the more critical to our safety and freedom.
Ted Cruz has been a tireless defender of the Second Amendment. From successfully protecting law-abiding citizens’ Second Amendment rights at the Supreme Court to defeating legislation that sought to take away this right, Ted Cruz has always championed Americans’ right to keep and bear arms.
- Led the fight against Congress’ legislation to restrict the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding Americans.
Authored legislation to strengthen citizens’ Second Amendment rights and allow interstate firearms sales.
- Defended 31 states in District of Columbia v. Heller where the U.S. Supreme Court overturned a ban on firearms in a 5-4 landmark decision.
- Awarded the NRA’s 2010 Carter-Knight Freedom Fund, which “rewards exemplary activities in the support and protection of the right to Keep and Bear Arms” for his work in the Heller and McDonald cases.
- Argued against unreasonable and burdensome gun restrictions before the U.S. Court of Appeals.
- Recognized by NRA executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre who observed, “Ted Cruz is one of our nation’s leading defenders of the Second Amendment. For over a decade, Ted has fought tirelessly to defend our constitutional right to keep and bear arms, and his leadership was absolutely critical to our major victories before the U.S. Supreme Court.”
- Endorsed by Gun Owners of America Chairman Tim Macy, who said “We need a stalwart defender of the Second Amendment in the White House, and Ted Cruz will help shoulder the burden of fighting against the gun grabbers dedicated to eviscerating the Second Amendment.”
Share this Post
Info taken from tedcruz.org